This is the installer DVD for Slamd64 12.2.
Slamd64 12.2 is released, and is an incremental improvement over 12.1, including:
- Linux 184.108.40.206
- GCC 4.2.4
- Apache HTTPD 2.2.10, with SSL support and PHP 5.2.8
- Updated development tools
- KDE 3.5.10
- XFCE 4.4.3
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.5
- Mozilla Thunderbird 220.127.116.11
- Sun Java (JRE and JDK) 6u11
Like previous releases of Slamd64, 12.2 provides seamless FHS-compliant
32-bit compatibility, via a multilib system (/lib for 32-bit libraries and
/lib64 for 64-bit libraries). This provides easier and increased support
for both existing 32-bit software (in most cases, you can just install a
package designed for Slackware with no special work needed), and for
64-bit binaries too (which require /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 to be present)
such as the NVidia drivers, without requiring compatability symlinks which
clutter the root directory and remove the separation of 32 and 64-bit binaries.
nspluginwrapper is still included in c/, allowing you to easily use 32-bit
browser plugins (such as Adobe Flash) in the included 64-bit browsers, such as
Firefox and Konqueror - given the availability of prerelease 64-bit versions of
Adobe Flash Player and Sun's Java Plugin, this will hopefully vanish soon.
As per usual, there's several people that really deserve my thanks:
- Carlos Corbacho - again, a huge amount of contributions to Slamd64, in many
- Andrew Brouwers - many contributions and support.
- Joshua Wood - many contributions and support.
- Patrick Volkerding - for making Slackware
- Everyone who's helped with bug reports or support on the forums/IRC
- The residents of a variety of IRC channels (you know who you are)
- Distributions I have taken compatability patches from; especially Cross-LFS,
Gentoo, and OpenSUSE
Additionally, as announced previously, support for 11.0 will be dropped shortly.
Please continue seeding!